Friday, March 6, 2009

Truth about 'No Line on The Horizon' by U2 (Rewritten)

Maybe all art requires a moment of processing. ‘No Line On The Horizon’ was in my previous review a disappointment. 24 hours later, I am not so sure anymore. Sure it’s not what the greatest of U2 is and maybe that’s the point, maybe this is something entirely different. Maybe it required a night of listening instead of a first impression. Maybe I was caught up in what should be and what shouldn’t.

Due to the previous review I ask for an apologue. I’ll keep the first part of the review where I write what a magnificent opening the album has because it opens as strong as it could possibly do and I don’t know on which planet I spend my last afternoon, because the middle is influencial, it’s beautiful and ‘No Line Horizon’ becomes a ‘Viva La Vida’ phenomenon. As I listen to it my fourth time I realize that I had the same problem with Coldplay’s ‘Viva La Vida’. I regret my mistake to try the quickness instead of relying on the art of music.

What ‘No Line On The Horizon’ really is, is a better version of a ‘How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb’ and ‘All That You Can’t Leave Behind’ and the grey pieces of ‘All You Can’t...’ are composed together with the colorful energy of ‘How To Dismantle...’ which creates a new atmosphere. That ‘exclusive’ thing of ‘No Line on The Horizon’ that I closed my last review with is not especially strong. It’s weak and it’s changeable, because the thought of this as a jam session instead of a blueprint totally works and in a time frame of 24 hours ‘Moment of Surrender’, ‘Unknown Caller’ and ‘Cedar’s Of Lebanon’ joins the terrific opening of the album with ‘No Line..’ and ‘Magnificent’, and resembles into a still mellow but somewhat ‘brilliant/but not really yet’, journey in a not at all negative blurry line on the horizon, but a deep, beautiful blurry line on that horizon.

I beg a pardon for my ignorance to the art that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment